Are you ready to take some steps towards being more planet positive, but not sure where to start? Try your skincare routine.
Cosmopolitan Deputy Beauty Director Lauren Balsamo pulled together an easy three-step regimen using only products that have earned Sephora’s brand new Clean + Planet Positive seal. Here’s what brands had to do in order to meet the strict seal standards:
- Clean Ingredients: For Sephora, clean means no parabens, sulfates SLS and SLES, phthalates, mineral oils, formaldehyde, and more. See a full list of Sephora’s excluded ingredients here.
- Climate Commitment: Brands must meet at least one of the following climate goals: Carbon-neutral operations, greenhouse gas emissions reduction, or corporate office and owned operations powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Sustainable Sourcing: In order to meet this requirement, products have to be cruelty-free, using only sustainably harvested palm oil and mica, no microplastics, and up to Sephora’s CBD standards.
- Responsible Packaging: The companies must reduce, recycle, and reimagine the way they package. That means no single-use items or unnecessary materials, designing with recyclability in mind, innovating with plant-based ink, biomaterials, refillable components, PCR, and more.
- Environmental Giving: Brands must donate at least 1% of profit to a credible, long-term giving program that is multi-year and ongoing, or be a Certified B-corp.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io